BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hearing Journey

My hearing journey has been great so far. I have met so many people on HJ. I love each and every one of you all. You all know my story, but how many of you know ALL ABOUT ME? Not many, I know that. Well here goes:

I am 19 years old. I will be 20 on September 2. I can't wait. Plus I will have a new CI to celebrate with. I just graduated from High School last May. I am so glad that I made it. I never expected to make it and graduate with all of my friends, but I did. It was a great time for me. I am going to be attending WKU, once I can hear again and recieve a kidney. It will be another great time for me. I live with my mom and little sister (16 in July). What a lovely age? LOL! We have 3 dogs, one of them is just mine, ALL MINE. She is my baby. Her name is Sassy. She is part chiuhaua and pug. Adorable little thing. She was one of the greatest Christmas presents I ever got. I LOVE HER SO MUCH! Well I guess I better get on to the importants stuff.

I was just qualified for a CI (3/26/09). It was a great day. Plus I am SOOO EXCITED! Like I said, I lost my hearing to a couple of diseases. Only one affects my life still. That is the MYH9 CM. Not for sure what all that entails, but it does take affect of my life. I do dialysis three days a week and currently on the transplant list. All is well with both. I am just waiting on the paperwork to go through for my CI and then I can schedule my surgery. Not too far away right now. Just seems like it. I have made so many friends on HJ, that they have became my second family. I have learned so much about CI since I joined, I just can't learn enough. New ideas, answers, and questions come every day. I am grateful for HJ and my new family.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Great blog! I hope you'll consider adding it to the aggregator at Deaf Village (www.deafvillage.com) -- we'd love to have you as part of our community!