BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Update: Life and my Journey to Hearing


Well, everyone it has been a while since I have posted. I am sorry I could not get to you sooner. I am so busy lately between Dialysis and keeping up with all the groups I joined to learn more about my CI. Yes, that is right, I am learning, more and more everyday. I have not learned something over and over again, but I am learning something new everyday. I have always been told the "Life will always be full of surprises and those surprises will teach you something new everyday." quote. I am always remembering the days everyone told me that. For those of you who don't believe that this quote is true, just remember the little things are the biggest surprises. So here is what been up with me since the last time I posted.


The biggest change in my life was my Step-Grandma Martha passing on. May she Rest In Peace! She was a big part of me and my family. She made everyone laugh and was a joy to be around. I can honestly say it is something that did change my life. I have always been a believer in GOD, but I never really gave it a thought untill this happened. I would pray on and off, or I would try to ask for his help and it never seemed to work. Boy! Was I wrong in all ways. After the funeral I started praying all the time, asking for strength when I needed it, or just for a good day in the mornings. I always Thank the Man Above everyday for what I have and what I can do. I know he chose these things for me because he knows what is best. And I will never question that again. My Faith is something that will always be there for me when nothing else is or when times get tough. My biggest lesson also was to "let go and let GOD take control." He has made my life so much easier and more pleasant. You all should give it a try!!! Honestly, it will work. GOD answers all my prayers and helps me in the toughest times. I WILL NEVER QUESTION HIM OR MY FAITH AGAIN!!! So.....please have FAITH, HOPE, AND LOVE!!! And LIVE, LAUGH, AND LOVE!!! It will help. I promise you.


My Dialysis time did change back into the afternoons. Wonderful!!! NOT!!! It was hard to adjust to the changes and the times, but I did it. Everything is good, even better than before. LABS, wieght, fluid restrictions, and all side effects are GOOD!!! Which means no problems there. All is good.


As far as the hearing issue goes: I am still deaf for the time being. We are waiting for the manufacture of my CI to call us and say it is a "go". I have been waiting forever it seems like. I can honestly say my patience have been tried to the max with this. It is a very stressful time for me with all this chaos, as I call it. I don't ever remember waiting this long for a surgery, and I have had a lot of surgeries. But here is a shocker: I was told everything was good to go, when it wasn't. My Surgeon had told me all was ready when it wasn't, that means all we were waiting on was a hospital to say okay to do the procedure. WRONG!!! We weren't even close. AB hadn't even gotten my insurance cards yet. I was so shocked and mad. I told mom after this surgery we are finding a new DR. She agreed.


Well, that is all pretty much it for now. Please keep looking for updates. I will try to keep you all updated and informed. It is tough to do when you do Dialysis three days a week though.


LOTS OF LOVE,

Kristin

0 comments: